Job Title: Careers Leader
Salary: Band 4 Point 11 – 17 (£21,166 – 23,836 FTE)
30 hours per week, term time only. Actual Salary £14,929
The careers leader will take lead responsibility and accountability for the delivery of our school’s programme
of careers advice and guidance.
The post holder will have the confidence and authority to lead colleagues, make decisions, and enact reforms to ensure that the school meets the Gatsby Benchmarks by the end of 2020.
The role will be based in the school library and will also involve supporting the school’s librarian in supervising the library and the after-school Homework Club.
All staff will:
• Play a full part in the life of the school community, support its Christian mission, ethos and policies and encourage staff and students to follow this example.
• Fulfil responsibilities with regards to safeguarding (including reporting concerns to the designated child protection officer)
• Model Saint Martin’s values to parents and students
• Be positive, dynamic and challenging in all aspects of work
• Foster the school’s inclusive ethos providing a common life based on the Christian family and
nurturing everyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or ability
• Share direct accountability for the establishment of Saint Martin’s as an extraordinary school.
• Take responsibility for their own learning and development
• Develop the skills and talents of other members of the community
• Ensure their own well-being and that of others by establishing an appropriate balance between life and work
• Play an active part in the life of the school and its community
• Develop social cohesion and positive links with the whole of our local community
• Adhere to the school community’s standards, policies, systems and procedures in relation to
students, health and safety, personnel and financial management.
• Agree annual performance targets, with a view to own continuous improvement
• Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Principal.
• To uphold the Department of Education Teacher Standards
To Apply please download and complete the application and other forms and return to Rachel Trotman with a covering letter – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 5th March 2021 10am
The St Thomas Aquinas CMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be carried out for the successful candidate.