Christ the King is a Catholic primary school, part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust. Based over two sites, with over 630 pupils is has been rated as outstanding by Ofsted since 2014.
We require a premises Officer to undertake the operational management responsibility for the maintenance, security, health & safety and general administration of the School site, its grounds, buildings, facilities, and equipment ensuring that the school operates efficiently and effectively.
This will include the opening and closing of the school premises, and general housekeeping duties including repairs and cleaning in line with the Trust’s standards. You will be responsible for a second premises officer and a small team of cleaners, and so experience of managing people would be desirable.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have basic D.I.Y. skills and the ability to carry out minor repairs on the building and equipment
- Be able to use own initiative, meet deadlines and make decisions.
- Have the ability to deal with other staff and pupils.
- Have an understanding of the relevant legislation and health and safety requirements.
- Attend training courses as and when necessary.
Working 37 hours per week on a split shift. The hours of work are, Monday to Friday 7.00am – 11.30am and 2.30pm -5.30pm., The starting salary is £21,784 per annum. Local Government terms and Conditions apply.
Closing Date for applications is 10am Friday 11th June 2021. For further information about the role please telephone the school office on 0116 285 7261.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check