Employer: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Location: English Martyrs’ Catholic School, Leicester
Salary: L28 – L34 (£81,942 – £94,914)
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: Thursday 27th January 2022 (9.00 am)
Interview date: 8th & 9th February 2022
Job commences: August 2022
Join us and help us shape the future of Catholic Education in Leicestershire
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust (part of the Diocese of Nottingham) is looking to appoint a new Headteacher, to this high performing Catholic Secondary School from August 2022.
English Martyrs’ Catholic School is part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Leicestershire. It is a thriving, highly successful, and routinely over-subscribed school of 1200 students aged 11-19 (Ofsted 2017 Good / DCI 2019 Good). The student body is drawn from the west side of Leicester serving nine parishes. Currently 85% of the school are Catholic students. The school has a particular specialism in the Performing Arts with a strong focus on Music, especially Music for the liturgy.
Situated in Leicester, we offer an exciting learning community where every child is given the opportunity to enjoy reaching their full potential – intellectually, spiritually, physically and creatively.
Reporting to and working closely with the Trust CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all pupils.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- enthusiastic and ambitious children who are keen to learn;
- a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
- a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its pupils;
- the benefits of The Leicestershire and Rutland Teaching School Hub which is based within our Trust. You would benefit from first class CPD opportunities and be able to lead CPD for the Hub, potentially as an Ambition Institute Visiting Fellow;
- an excellent, bespoke induction programme;
- employee benefits which include Medicash and our Electric Car Scheme.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education;
- ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do;
- have a proven track records of successful leadership, management and school improvement;
- give the safety and wellbeing of young people the highest priority;
- have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school;
- be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential;
- be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners;
- constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the CMAT, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement;
- be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success;
- have the ability to drive themselves and others;
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance;
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences.
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust.
To arrange a virtual conversation about this role, please contact Jackie Banks, PA to the CEO at JBanks@aquinas-cmat.org.
To apply for the position, please complete the following application and forms:
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information.
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.