Employer: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
Location: St Martin’s Catholic Voluntary Academy, Stoke Golding
Salary: L16 – L20, (£61,166 – £67,364)
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Closing date: Wednesday 26th January 2022 (9.00 am)
Interview date: 1st & 2nd February 2022
Start date: August 2022
Join us and help us shape the future of Catholic Education in Leicestershire.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is looking to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher to this very high performing and nationally renowned Catholic Secondary School from August 2022.
St Martin’s Catholic School is part of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Leicestershire. It is a thriving, highly successful, and routinely over-subscribed school of 780 students aged 11-16 (Ofsted 2019 Good / DCI 2017 Good). The student body is drawn from the southwest of Leicestershire serving nine parishes. Currently 20% of the school are Catholic students. The school is the home of the Midland Knowledge Hub, which supports teachers across the region in developing knowledge-rich curricula, as well as the DfE Exemplary Leadership Programme.
Situated in Stoke Golding, Leicestershire, we offer an exciting learning community where every child is given the opportunity to enjoy reaching their full potential – intellectually, spiritually, physically and creatively.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics. Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ for further information.
Reporting to and working closely with the Headteacher, you will work with the school community and focus your leadership skills on ensuring the safety, and wellbeing of the young people, and you will lead staff in identifying and removing barriers to learning and success for all pupils.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- enthusiastic and ambitious children who are keen to learn;
- a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body;
- a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team; committed to supporting the school and its pupils;
- the benefits of The Leicestershire and Rutland Teaching School Hub which is based within our Trust. You would benefit from first class CPD opportunities and be able to lead CPD for the Hub, potentially as an Ambition Institute Visiting Fellow;
- an excellent, bespoke induction programme;
- employee benefits which include Medicash and our Electric Car Scheme.
The successful candidate will:
- be a practising Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education;
- ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do;
- have a proven track records of successful leadership, management and school improvement with specific regard to safeguarding, behaviour and pastoral leadership;
- give the safety and wellbeing of young people the highest priority;
- have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school;
- be passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential;
- be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, pupils, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners;
- be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success;
- have the ability to drive themselves and others;
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance;
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences.
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust.
To arrange a virtual conversation about this role, please contact Rachel Trotman, PA to Clive Wright, Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position, please complete the following application and forms:
St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
The Trust will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.